To play or stop playback from the current position press Space bar. You can also use the buttons (Play, Pause & Stop) below the waveform.
Before you can apply some effects or edit functions you need to select the region to edit or apply the effect to.
Five ways to select a region:
1. Click anywhere of the waveform as a starting point and choose everything before & after the current position to choose the region of the file;
2. Click the left button and drag along with the waveform to the place wanted to be selected;
3. Specify the beginner & end of the session by moving the sliders below the waveform window;
4. Set the start & end time in the “selection” area;
5. Specify a starting point on the waveform and enter the length of time.